pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The DIY Wedding

Getting hitched?
If your planning, then this post is for you.
Though it's not the most detailed wedding plan.
But I guess this will inspire you to make your own wedding have that personal touch of your creativity. 
Also cut your budget for spending less.


The planning took six months just to accomplish everything.
We were so excited 'coz everything is planned with DIY projects. 
I don't know if I sound so meticulous or I am just a DIY addict.
If you only knew how my husband react to my plans before.
 "The Blog!"
Yep that sad expression all over his face, but still he cooperated.
He doesn't have any options anyway.
And I'm the luckiest bride in the world that time.

So we did the necessary things like the documents!
 Attend seminars and counseling.




Went to places just to find a venue and lucky us we went to Pangea.
In which you can rent the whole resort for special occasions exclusively just for your big day!




 We love making designs. And that's what I liked about him,
 'coz we knew what we're doing and his very cooperative when it comes to it. 
So here's our invitations and backdrop designs. 
We love cartoons more than how we look like so please enjoy.







We all did the decorations for the venue. 
Making the paper flowers is really time consuming but still fun 'coz we had a great time. 
Here is a the paper flower that we've made. 
We also made pearl white and tale blue for more fun colors.






Almost run out of time looking for the right shoes and ring. 
 Why is it so expensive!



One of the hardest part is making our own cake. 
Yes we didn't spare the cake.
We baked 14" large circular cakes and 200 cupcakes.
Yes! I'm serious.
I was like jsfjakhgkahnabg when we started baking the night before the wedding!
I know! Isn't it fun? Cramming for less time and be messy in your own wedding. 
What more can be fun than that? 
 Cute colorful fun cake perfect for a garden beach wedding!





The nice thing about that day was...
We were married twice to the same man in just one day!
First was the civil wedding then later the garden wedding.



By the way before I forgot I also made the wedding dress. 
Though not all of the dress, but I did the designs and bead works. 
Someone just did the sewing for me 'coz I don't have a sewing machine. 
And I'm glad that it fits right after I gained so much weight during the wedding preparations. I think I need to change my diet to a healthy one.
Blame it to countless times of stressing out my problems with food. 


Also if you talk about food we also did the food preparation.
From 4 roasted pig (lechon), 5 main menu, unlimited rice, fruits desserts and drinks.


So if your planning for a wedding that is tight in budget, then have fun planning it ahead of time.


Have fun!



No comments :

Post a Comment