pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

REVIEW: Kiss My Face (Honey Calendula) Moisturizer for Dry Skin

When I was in high school and college I had a normal skin. Although I'm not normally cautious in how I look but when I started working I developed dry and sensitive skin.



Kiss My Face (Honey Calendula)

Price: $ 11.95 for 16.00 oz.

Ingredients:

Water, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Squalane. Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Honey, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Achillea Millifolium (Yarrow) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Linalool (from essential oil)


The Product

Superior moisturizing is highly recommended for dry and chapped skin. Honey is a hydrophilic, attracting moisture from the air and calendula is especially effective for healing and soothing.



Benefits of Calendula
beneficial for dry or damaged skin  
• promotes fast healing and regeneration of the skin
good in healing of wounds, burns, eczema and other inflammatory skin conditions
• extracts have anti-viral, anti-genotoxic, and anti-inflammatory properties
• used in preparations for sunburns, rashes, insect bites and other mild skin irritations
• protects skin from thinning and premature aging
• safe to be used on the delicate skin under the eyes to prevent crow's feet
• used for baby's diaper rash
• used topically for acne, reducing inflammation, controlling bleeding, and soothing irritated tissue
• effective in treating radiation dermatitis
  

PROs

• paraben free (weeeeeeeee ٩(^‿^)۶)
• smooth and gentle on skin
• absorbs easily on skin
• good for chapped and dry skin
• good for wrinkles too (。◕‿◕。)
• very cheap
• natural ingredients 
• not tested on animals
• pea size can be used all over your face (so very economic)


CONs

• better to use it once a during night skin care (you don't want to develop oily face in a morning right?)
• very difficult to look for this product when I came back to the store to buy they said the brand is no longer available 
(I guess online shopping is the best option)



How I use it

I used it as a moisturizer on my face and body for my night skin care routine. It soothes my irritated pimples every time I use it. My pimples heals faster and lighten the scars easily. Although not totally erases the scars but totally heals them and lightens the dark spots which is what I love about it. I don't have any wrinkles (yet!) but very nice when applied to the problem areas (my mom tried it... snicking into my room that's why the product runs out quickly).  I also use it on some irritated skin like insect bites and rashes.


Recommendations

So for those who have dry and flaky skin you might wanna try this product. Natural and no harmful chemicals used. This product is best for sensitive and allergic skin. Trust me I'm allergic and I love it. The problem with this one is I can't find it anymore in my area. I've been searching for this product in all places but I guess the only option is online shopping. (◕︵◕)

No comments :

Post a Comment